Tuesday, June 28, 2016

NANNY, NANNY, NAAAANNY!

Last year, I watched for many months as a friend struggled with finding a nanny for her two sons, so she could tend to her fulfilling but hectic work schedule. I read one agony-filled FB post after another, as she literally seemed to have a new nanny trauma every month. I'm a Life Consultant and Self-Mastery Catalyst. I help people move past all kinds of challenging situations—but I can only help them if they're willing to do the work needed to move forward. Most of the time, the work is uncomfortable because I don't let people get away with lying to themselves, so not everyone's ready for me and my system.

As the months passed and I watched NaTasha become more and more enraged with her circumstances and express various degrees of disapproval for the nannies she had hired, she and I finally discussed doing a Life Challenge Consultation. I told her I could definitely help her find the right nanny, but that she would have to understand one thing first: the problem wasn't the nannies she was hiring; it was HER. I could tell she wasn't feeling that answer! LOL! But I asked her to trust me. I told her that what we were about to do would probably be really uncomfortable, but if she would be open to doing the work, afterward she would be able to find the best nanny. I should also mention that when we finally did the consult, she only had 4 days to find one, as her vacation was about to end and there was no one to take care of her sons.

That was November 2015. She did the work. She found the perfect nanny. In 4 days. I presented her with the tools, and she built a new scenario. She still has that nanny. Below is her testimonial:

"Our nanny, Lili, is PHENOMENAL and is just getting better! [In our Life Challenge consultation], you made me say the things I already knew, OUT LOUD, which in turn made me fess up to myself about what I didn't realize was affecting my judgment in choosing a nanny. I had to take self-inventory and apply 'me' to my situation. I was being VERY picky in the wrong areas in choosing a nanny; I had to see myself as the nanny as opposed to the employer. I needed to find myself in the woman that I wanted and needed for a nanny. It's amazing how all this came to me because the self-inventory and looking for myself happened DURING the interview with her! Thank you again!" ~NaTasha Smith

If you're ready to build a new scenario, then let's get to it. You can find all the info you need at www.honorthespirit.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment